Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Grasshopper



This is a grasshopper (not sure about the technical name for them) that was on my patio door slowly walking up it yesterday. I've been wanting to get a picture of one all summer, but whenever i got near them they would fly away. I could almost touch this one and it didn't fly away, but the pictures i got of it up close with the macro lens didn't turn out all that great. He (or she) is about the length of my finger, which is pretty big i think, mostly i just see them jumping around, not so much up close.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like he knows where he is going. The critters are really out this time of year!

Anonymous said...

We do have a lot of grasshoppers here too. I think it must have to do with the drought. A screwed up year hear.

Nice photo.

If you have not see my new blog about my early life in Japan (1950s) then it might be worth the click > Here