Friday, July 20, 2007

River Falls Days Parade, Marching Band



This is one of the marching bands that walked in the parade. They always look so somber after seeing the ones in the rain from a few years ago smiling and having fun. This year the weather was perfect, in the 70's with a nice breeze, and the rain waited until late in the evening. I want to point out i like the pictures of marching bands like this, where everyone is looking the same and in a pattern for some reason. I'm not sure why, but they are usually my favorites of parades.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still smile when I see that guy again in the post yesterday.

I also like your photograph today and enlarged discovered these are really young people. I can imagine they had a bit of a struggle to hold those flags in the wind if it blew hard.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Annie said...

Only in Wisconsin (or the north) can those who march in parades in summertime wear long sleeves and gloves. Here in Little Rock, we'd see a lot of marchers fallen out along the roadway, from the heat.

Neva said...

I also love marching bands.....lovely shot.

Carol E. said...

If you watched the whole parade you saw the band from the school that my kids attended. My son was in the drumline and we attended zillions of his parades. (He knew some of the drummers from River Falls.) We have no one left in high school so haven't seen a parade in a while.