Sunday, April 6, 2008

"No Firearms"



Not long ago, Minnesota got a conceal and carry law, where people could have guns on them. This is one of the signs that went up in the area shortly after, although this one was on an empty business. You can sort of see me reflected in the window too. I understand the desire to have guns, but i also understand people don't always act the smartest at times, less when they fell invincible. I'm not sure about the current state of the law, but i do see more of these signs in Minnesota, the signs give me the feeling of the old west for some reason.

Edit: Odd synchronicity that the same day i post this, Charlton Heston, actor and famous gun rights advocate, dies at 83.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do think people should be allowed to have guns in their homes or on them if they feel a need to protect themselves. And in our society these days, and for as long as my age allows me to remember, there has been a compelling need for people to protect themselves from prisons-full of convicted crimincals who will all be released with ideas, tips and techniques to strangle free money from peaceful people. A sort of second chance to waylay us. So I would and do have guns and would use them in an instant if need be.

Your post is filled with pros and cons and that is what gun control legislation is all about. Unfortunately, criminals don't respect laws about anything much less gun control.

The photography is very good.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio now playing the part of Mrs. Zac Efron's employee.

tfangel said...

I didn't mean to really comment on gun control, one way or the other, it's such a personal issue to a lot of people about how they feel about it. I was trying to more point out how the signs are and how those make me feel. Hard for me to really express that well though it seems.